Suman Moron originated from Leyte, an island in the Visayas. It is a well-known Filipino dessert served all through fiestas and other special situations. The good thing is, I do not have to hold out for any special celebrations to taste this delicacy mainly because these are frequently bought outside the house the church all through Sundays.
This recipe makes about thirty items of Suman Moron four-inches extensive each and every.
- two cups glutinous rice flour
- 6 cups standard rice flour
- two kilos grated coconut meat
- 1 large can evaporated milk
- ½ kilo white (refined) granulated sugar
- 1 kilo muscovado sugar
- thirty chocolate tableya, melted with 1/four cup h2o
- 1 bar cheddar cheese (julienned)
- 1 cup chopped peanuts
- 1 tiny bottle vanilla extract
- eight cups boiling h2o
- about thirty items banana leaves, reduce into rectangles (8″x10″)
- In a basin, place the grated coconut meat and pour boiling h2o. Set aside. (Take note: eight cups of canned coconut milk can be used as choice.)
- Mix the two varieties of flour well until carefully integrated. Divide the flour mixture similarly into two pieces.
- Squeeze the grated meat when the coconut mixture is presently neat ample to tackle. Use a wonderful strainer to different the coconut milk. Divide the coconut milk similarly into two pieces.
- In a thick-bottomed pan, place ½ of the flour mixture and pour in 1 section coconut milk, muscovado sugar, melted chocolate, vanilla extract and peanuts. Mix well and place more than medium heat. Retain on stirring although cooking the mixture. At initially, uneven lumps will sort. But as you maintain stirring, the mixture will even out as it thickens. Transform off the heat when oil starts to come out. Set aside to neat.
- To the second half of flour mixture, increase the remaining coconut milk. Then pour about half of the white sugar and the evaporated milk. Mix carefully. Put in a different pan and prepare dinner more than medium heat although stirring constantly. Take out from the heat when the mixture is thickened. Set aside to neat.
- Pass the banana leaves more than the heat to make them supple. Then use the squeezed-dry coconut meat more than the leaves.
- Consider a heaping tablespoonful of the initially mixture (chocolate) and place on the banana leaf wrapper. Sprinkle a minimal cheese on it just before rolling, with the banana leaf covering the mixture. For that reason, you hands will never be touching the mixture staying rolled.
- Consider an additional heaping tablespoonful of the second mixture (milk) and do the exact same procedure.
- Put the two cylinders (milk and chocolate) and roll to sort a thicker cylinder with the two colors fused alongside one another.
- Roll the banana leaf to wrap tightly and tie a string at both of those finishes to safe.
- Repeat the procedure until all of the two mixtures have been wrapped.
- Steam for about forty five minutes to 1 hour.
- Enable neat just before serving.