So what can you to repair and nourish mature skin? Dry and mature skins need to replenish the loss of sebum on the skins surface with equalising moisture reserves to address the signs of visible aging. Homemade anti-aging skin care products do not contain preservative chemicals and you will not have an adverse reaction to ingredients, and most ingredients are inexpensive to buy.
Tip 1- To repair dry and sensitive skin, you need; to replace any commercial soap with a gentle Ph-balanced handmade soap and moisturise frequently with a rich beauty oil. This will help to relieve quickly tightness
Tip 2- Protect your skin. Minimise exposure to the sun and wind, air-conditioning, hot water, harsh chemical and detergents as much as possible.
Tip 3- Use warm, rather than hot, water. Hot water will strip all the natural oils away.
– Recipe; Dry & Mature skin treatment oil – This will help improve your skin’s appearance and it smells divine!
Instructions: Mix in a dark glass bottle;
- 15ml avocado oil- is rich in vitamins, essential fatty acids, and dry and mature skins respond to this lush oil as it penetrates deeply and softens skin.
- 10ml Wheat germ oil – An important antioxidant that helps protect fatty cell membranes from becoming oxidized (rancid) through the action of free radicals.
- 15ml Macadamia oil – Attracts moisture and forms a barrier to prevent a loss of moisture while allowing the skin to breath and function normally.
- 3 drops Palmarosa Essential oil– Excellent hydrating properties. Helps with the elasticity of skin. A mature skin superstar oil!!!
- 3 drops Sandalwood Essential oil – Balances the skin and helps strengthen connective tissue Repair scars.
- 2 drops lavender essential oil : soothes skin and accelerates generation of new skin cells
Here a few face packs which is really great to nourish and plum up dry and mature skin.
– Recipe Gentle Scrub for Mature Skin – A scrumptious scrub for sensitive skins. You will see the dead skin come off and your skin will feel great.
Instructions: Mix a tablespoon of almond powder and add honey and make a paste and apply it on the skin. Leave it for at least 20 minutes. Remove scrubbing gently the skin. Wash off with lukewarm water.
Recipe Repairing Beauty Mask for Mature skin- This pack makes the skin smooth and supple and reduces the dryness and can be used all over the body before you take a bath.
Instruction; Take wheat flour and add milk cream to it. Make a paste and apply it on the skin. Leave on the skin for 10 minutes and rinse with warm water. Apply the Tonic Vinegar Toner and follow with the Dry & mature skin treatment oil.
*Fruit face packs, made of fruits rich in vitamins and water have a good effect on the dry and mature skin. Some of the fruits that can be used are papaya, peach, watermelon and banana mash it and add some thickened cream or if desired use honey and mix together and apply.
Mashed avocado can also be applied to the skin for a glowing effect.
Take a ripe banana, mash it and add to it rose water. Apply this paste allover the face and neck; wash off after half an hour.
Tonic Vinegar Skin Toner Recipe: a “must” for Mature skin is more efficient when an organic apple cider vinegar is used. It will cleanse and restore the skin, restrict the dilated pores, and improve the circulation making sure the whole skin receives nutrients it needs.
- 1 small bunch of Rosemary
- 1 or 2 peppercorns
- 1/2 teaspoon of Ginger grated
- 1 or 2 clove heads
- 1 cup of Cider vinegar
Instructions; Place the rosemary, ginger, gloves and pepper in a ceramic or glass bowl.
Bring the vinegar to a boil. Pour the vinegar over the herbal mixture in the bowl.
Cover and let the mixture stand for two days. Strain the mixture and decant into a sterilized bottle. Mix 1/2 of distilled water with 1/2 herbal vinegar in a dark glass bottle with a spray.
The question is, why does skin wrinkle? As you grow older, your body produces fewer of the hormones that keep skin healthy and supplies less oil, protein and natural moisturizing factors which attract and hold water in the skin. This process tends to make the skin drier, you need to keep your skin well moisturized in order to be soft and elastic. The skin needs to be more elastic to have less the chances of it stretching, distorting and breaking underlying fibres.
Happy Natural skin care Making! Marlene Daniels